Head of Practice/Senior Lawyer
Full-time, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane
Position: Head of Practice / Senior Lawyer
Direct Reports: 5+
Settle Easy makes conveyancing easier, faster and more transparent.
As Australia’s leading online conveyancing service, Settle Easy is rapidly transforming the industry through our user-friendly, fully automated conveyancing platform and customer-focused specialist lawyers and conveyancers.
In this exciting phase of growth, we are looking for like-minded professionals to join our growing team as we continue to expand nationally and provide exceptional service to even more happy customers.
Offering a unique and exciting role for an exceptional property lawyer to join a highly innovative business that is changing the conveyancing industry.
As a Head of Practice you will help oversee the day-to-day management of the property practice, whilst providing additional support in the business as the need may arise.
This role will see you working with talented start-up professionals focused on building an industry leading practice and platform.
- Lead the legal practice with the support and assistance of other heads of practice and provide valued input to the development of overall strategy and plans of the legal practice
- Manage a team of conveyancers and lawyers and work with other experts across the practice, platform and promotion
- Grow the practice including the expansion of conveyancing services into new markets and sectors including to property developers
- Serve as a board director and fulfil the function of legal practice director
- Achieve success and reach business targets within agreed time frames
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership with active involvement in all programs and services
- Liaise with functional heads to ensure operational aspects are delivered in line with customer and partner commitments
- Champion a continuous improvement and innovation culture to drive increased engagement and service delivery to our partners and customers and develop new ways of working
- Identify business risks and work with the CEO and COO and functional heads to mitigate and minimise impacts
- Review, develop and execute operating policies in line with business strategy
- Review, develop and implement new precedents and workflow features
The Ideal Candidate
Successful applicants will:
- have 5 to 8 years’ experience in property law at Special Counsel or Senior Associate level
- have strong knowledge of large scale off the plan developments including residential and commercial conveyancing
- be driven and ambitious with a strong desire to build a national and international business
- have outstanding relationship skills and a highly commercial (not blackletter law) approach which will allow you to work very closely with our partners, other heads of practice and community of conveyancers
- have excellent abilities to mentor, guide and develop staff
- have an ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment, with a multi-disciplinary team
- have excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- be digitally savvy and technologically capable
- have experience working with a team that is comfortable questioning, innovating and defending their business decisions.
- employee share option plan
- flexible working arrangements
- your own work laptop will be provided
- professional development opportunities as the business evolves
- exclusive discounts on our conveyancing and third-party services.
We work hard, but take time to celebrate successes and have some fun along the way. If you are high energy and enjoy working in a fast-paced, vibrant environment then we would like to hear from you immediately.
This is a permanent full time-role. To apply, please use the form included on this page or email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we’re reviewing your application, please don’t hesitate to get to know us a little better through our social media channels!
Settle Easy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourage all who are eligible to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all.
The list of key responsibilities and key results areas herein are not intended to be all inclusive and may include additional responsibilities as required.