Chief Technology Officer
Position: Chief Technology Officer
Direct Reports: 3 – 5 technical staff
This is a great opportunity to join our rapidly growing organisation with a platform and practice that has proven itself in the market and is getting ready to scale nationally and internationally!
Your job is to help us get there…
A rare opportunity to impact and lead the company through a significant digital transformation.
As our Chief Technology Officer, you will be responsible for the entire development lifecycle, the architecture, and the leadership of the tech team.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and working closely with other executives and founders, you will oversee the development and delivery of a roadmap for a highly advanced and scalable property platform.
This is a full-time role, initially on a 2-year contract, with the possibility of a permanent role.
- Providing inspirational leadership anchored in a progressive, agile and collaborative approach to consistently deliver results
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff and partners
- Confident in making decisions and owning the outcome = achieving success
- Commercial and entrepreneurial mindset.
Quality and process
- Be a “slave to process” and recognise the importance of strong, documented process in evolving a scalable and robust technology business. This is critical, you must have direct, demonstrable first-hand experience of technology delivery done at scale in a best practice environment and be able to architect the end-to-end process including toolsets
- Lead a “Quality First” team that recognises the importance of quality delivery on achieving organizational goals
- Review, strengthen and improve the entire Software Development Lifecycle
- Ensure that our integrations are impactful and have a smooth implementation or transition
- Prepare and take ownership of functional requirement documents and processes and optimize the input/output interface with the business in terms of requirements and delivered solutions
- Build quality assurance, security, privacy and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and tech budgets to assess technological performance.
- Building and leading a high performing team that promotes innovation, culture, and inclusiveness
- Develop and drive technical aspects of our strategy to ensure alignment with business goals and that the resources meet our short-term and long-term needs
- Work alongside other departments to ensure the use of technology is fit-for-purpose and drives efficiency in day-to-day operations. Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
Key position requirements
- A demonstrable understanding of process
- Demonstrable evidence of the importance of commercial reality and responsiveness coupled with quality and process imperatives
- Proven track record (5+ years) as a Chief Technology Officer or Head of Product (or similar role)
- Ability to take products to market and scale them
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- High EQ and people leadership experience
- Strong understanding of product commercialisation
- Ability to quickly identify and resolve issues
- Experience with our tech stack (set out below).
- NodeJS (on the server)
- MongoDB (object database)
- Meteor (real time application framework)
- CircleCI (Continuous integration)
- Mocha (integration testing)
- Cypress (end-to-end testing)
- Material UI (look and feel)
- PDFLib (PDF library)
- Various open source component libraries.
This is a challenging and rewarding role working with highly experienced leaders.
If you think this role fits you, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role will commence in October 2021.
The list of key responsibilities and key results areas herein are not intended to be all inclusive and may include additional responsibilities as required and assigned.