Position: Business Analyst
Manager: Chief Operations Officer
Settle Easy makes conveyancing easier, faster and more transparent.
As Australia’s leading online conveyancing service, Settle Easy is rapidly transforming the industry through our user-friendly, fully automated conveyancing platform and customer-focused specialist conveyancers.
In this exciting phase of growth, we are looking for like-minded professionals to join our growing team as we continue to expand nationally and provide exceptional service to even more happy customers.
Settle Easy is offering a unique and exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our highly innovative business at the forefront of property and technology.
This role will see you working with talented start-up professionals focused on building an industry leading practice and platform.
We are looking for a passionate, highly driven, detail-oriented individual to join us for this full-time role to help pave the way for the future of online conveyancing.
Become a product expert in the software application(s) you are working on. Be knowledgeable on all the features and functions pertaining to the application. This knowledge will be essential in understanding how our products can meet customer and conveyancer needs or be modified to meet those needs.
As the complexity of Settle Easy’s products grow, you may be required to build or contribute to the creation and maintenance of a Product Guide. The Guide will explain all the features and functions of the product that will be used internally for customer and conveyancer support and training purposes.
Use a variety of techniques to gather user requirements. In many cases you will be involved in understanding the user’s business issues and needs in order to develop the business requirement, rather than expecting the user to adequately specify the requirements.
Use process modelling tools to describe current and proposed processes and workflows. Ensure your work in this area is comprehensive, yet able to be summarised in a succinct series of process flow diagrams with appropriate notations. You will need the aptitude to understand how Settle Easy’s products can help users ease their work effort, reduce errors and/or improve services.
Documentation of Requirements
Apply best practice documentation standards for software development:
- functional and technical specifications
- as-is and to-be analysis work
- write use cases, user stories and acceptance criteria
- prepare wireframes
- sprint planning and management
User training materials
Be aware that the requirements documentation and use cases you prepare will be used to assist us in preparing user training materials (tip sheets, user guide and video guides) as well as educating Settle Easy support staff prior to a release. You will be the primary ‘go-between’ with the support and trainer in explaining new product features.
The Ideal Candidate
Successful applicants will have:
- 5+ years’ experience working as a functional business analyst
- experience in designing and managing digital customer engagement solutions and practical experience with data and enterprise architecture, user experience, functional specifications, and digital integration best practices
- knowledge using project management tools such as Confluence, Trello, Smartsheets, Asana, Jira, etc
- excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- strong understanding of product commercialisation
- ability to quickly identify and resolve issues.
- flexible working arrangements
- your own work laptop will be provided
- professional development opportunities as the business evolves
- exclusive discounts on our conveyancing and third-party services.
We work hard, but take time to celebrate successes and have some fun along the way. If you are high energy and enjoy working in a fast-paced, vibrant environment then we would like to hear from you immediately.
To apply, please use the form included on this page or email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we’re reviewing your application, please don’t hesitate to get to know us a little better through our social media channels!
Settle Easy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourage all who are eligible to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all.
The list of key responsibilities and key results areas herein are not intended to be all inclusive and may include additional responsibilities as required.