If you’re buying or selling property, we know the process can be overwhelming. You’ll have lots of questions and each of the answers you receive will take you one step closer to making a decision about whether your sale or purchase is right for you.
One of the first things you might learn is that it’s a good idea to ask an expert to help you. But if it’s your first time in the property market, you might also have a few questions including what this person does and how they can help you.
What is a conveyancer?
They’ll help you with one of the biggest transactions of your life – buying or selling property. Property law experts, such as conveyancers, can provide legal advice and ensure you meet all legal requirements when transferring property from one person to another. And because they work in this area every day, they really are experts in this field.
They also know exactly what paperwork you need to complete to settle on your property and they will undertake searches to ensure that everything is in order with your property transaction before you settle. This might include looking into heritage overlays, zoning certificates including flood zones and it will always involve completing a search on your land title.
When should I engage a conveyancer?
The simple answer is that we recommend you find an expert before signing any documents when buying or selling property. Conveyancers, property solicitors and lawyers all work in this space.
It’s best to ask a property law expert to review your Contract for you before you lock yourself in. We can look at your Contract with an expert set of eyes and provide you with all the information you need to make the final decision on the property you are either buying or selling.
After receiving our professional advice, you might want us to ask for some special conditions to be added that could better suit your needs so that when you exchange contracts with the other parties, you are entering into an agreement that you are genuinely happy with.
How will they help?
- How do I transfer the family home into someone else’s name?
- How much stamp duty will I have to pay?
- Will I receive a stamp duty exemption as a first home buyer?
- What’s the process when buying Australian property as a foreign investor?
- Can I choose my settlement date?
- Is all conveyancing online now?
- I have a lawyer, do I need a conveyancer too?
- What’s involved in the post settlement stage of a property purchase?
- What happens if the purchase is not settled successfully?
- When should I sign the Contract of Sale?
- How much are conveyancing fees?
- Should I get a pest inspection?
How to choose the business that’s right for me?
Like every profession, there are some who are brilliant at what they do and some who are not. Looking at the business reviews of any conveyancing business is a great place to get a sense of how customers have been treated and how they have been assisted during the process of buying land or property, or selling the family home.
We offer online conveyancing services so you can complete your transaction when and where it suits you. All you really need is an internet connection. We’ll do the rest.
Our team of experts can advise you on all the different stages of conveyancing, prepare all the legal documents, liaise with financial institutions, your real estate agent, and other interested parties, and ensure you are kept in the loop from start to finish.
We are committed to delivering an online conveyancing service that is:
We’ll strive to:
- keep you updated, in real time, at every step
- explain anything you are unsure about
- really listen to your concerns and respond promptly and professionally
- recommend additional services and products that we think might help you
- help you complete all online forms faster and easier than ever before
- do more than you expect.
Our team of trusted professionals can assist with all your house and land conveyancing needs whether you live in the capital cities Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney or in the regions. Our locally based professionals will guide you through the entire property transfer so you can focus on other important things like booking the removalist, packing, exploring your new community and planning the next exciting chapter of your life.
Follow us on Facebook.