What is a utility provider and who is responsible for notifying them about a change of property ownership?

A utility provider is an organisation that supplies electricity, gas, telephone and water usage.

Settle Easy will let the authorities responsible for water rates, council rates, land tax and Owner’s Corporation fees (previously known as body corporate fees) know that a property has changed hands once settlement is complete.

It is the responsibility of buyers and sellers to notify all other utility providers of a change in property ownership.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *